Re: caster? settings?

From: YECARTDR@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 14:18:46 EST

In a message dated 1/16/2001 10:53:00 PM Central Standard Time,
henryrollins@springmail.com writes:

<<
 Normally you do not have to mess with caster/camber. only when something
wears out or you hit something. Has your truck been hit or did you run up on
a curb.

 Do not feel bad I used to work for Acura. When one of there cars hits a curb
it is a subframe. We can not put it stright cause it would bend the subframe.
OUCH

Actually you do need to have it checked. Springs do sag causing the vehicle
ride height to change. Ride height directly effects camber/caster readings.
don't believe me, put 15 psi of air in the left front tire of your truck and
40 in the right front. Which way will the truck pull. You guesse it, to
the left because it is sitting LOWER to the ground

Derek Tracey
ASE Master Tech Certified
Hunter Engineering Alignment Certified