Re: caster? settings?

From: YECARTDR@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 14:23:14 EST

In a message dated 1/17/2001 2:18:26 AM Central Standard Time,
henryrollins@springmail.com writes:

<< Well your caster is off on one side. That is what throws me off. If it is
aligned for an R/T then both sides should be off. The best thing I can say is
keep a very close eye on your tires. If that right front starts to feather.
Take it back. I am wonding why they tech did not check it out frist. If it
was a sport or an r/t. I do not know the diffrence in front ends between the
sprot and the R/T. I know there is diffrent springs poss. ride height etc. If
it were my car I would want the specs for sport not the R/T. But it caan go
both ways. I say ride it out for 2 to 3 k and check those tires if they are
cupping or wearing funny take it back and have them redue it. They should be
willing to redue it for free cause of the wrong specs.
  Hope this helps let me know what happens
 Matt "3 hours to go" Tharp

If I was you I would take it back now and Tell them to align it into specs.
Be a but about it. It is supposed to be done right the first time. If they
tell you they can't tell them to put the caster the same on both sides.. by
the way what were all the numbers on the truck. Caster/Camber, Toe, Total
Toe, cross Caster/camber, thrust angle ect.....how bout posting the entire
printout that they gave you.

Derek R. Tracey
ASE Master Tech Cert
Hunter Engineering Alignment Cert