Re: Need Alignment tools

From: YECARTDR@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 14:12:18 EST

In a message dated 1/16/2001 4:57:04 PM Central Standard Time,
henryrollins@springmail.com writes:

<< I need some info on front end alignment tools. I know snap-on used to sell
clamp on bubble caster/camber gagues. They would fit on any size rim and you
could do it on the ground with out the add of turntables. Then you would use
a toe stick to set the toe. I have been looking for a set and I can not find
them in the snap-on book or other tools places. I have seen a few old ones
pop up on e-bay from time to time. I was just wondering if any one had a tool
source that sold these or knows where there at. I do not need snap-on but am
will to spend the buck on good tools. ( I.E. no crap)

 Thanks
 Matt Tharp
 ASE Master Cert.
 93 Dodge Daktoa 318
 66 Chevelle 454 5-speed
 97 Heep of a GC

hey Matt, I have never seen those tools anywhere in the past 8 years or so.
 I'm sure you know the complexity of the cars being built today and don't
believe those tools would be an accurate way to do an alignment.

Derek Tracey
ASE Master Cert.
Hunter Engineering Cert.