Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: y2k-hemi spanks Audi TT, ATTN STeve Ekstrand

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 14:22:31 EST

| Steve - Congratulations on your victories! I'm trying to remember what
you
| have for a suspension. I seem to remember that it's stock. Is it ? ;-)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT+ Club Cab with 4.7L Multispeed auto. Stock
suspension with factory rear (mini) sway bar. I did change shocks to
ProComp ES9000's. They are a relatively cheap offroad shock that is a
wonderful bang for the buck piece for performance street driving. I have
305-50-15 Euro T/A's on the stock 15x8 rims.... Yes I am a little
crazy. But they fit and they are WIDE. The tires have a 340 treadwear
rating and aren't the best for handling, but the width really helps
stabilize the truck. It gives me a two inch wider track.

Last Saturday, I was flying! I'd watched other cars run for a couple hours
and when I went out for my first lap, I truthfully ran 4 seconds faster
than my own prediction. From there I got three seconds faster still.

Steve Ekstrand
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage