Intros and a question

From: Steve Owens (sowens@emrt.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 19:11:09 EST

Hi!

Just joined the list a couple of days ago. My name is Steve Owens, and I
just picked
up my 2001 Dakota CC 4X4 on Saturday. I love this truck! I'd like to start
out by thanking
the list members for all their input. Reading the archives helped me learn a
number of things
I probably wouldn't have otherwise (such as the pinging in the 4.7s).

I also have an initial question: The truck has the 4.7, and I noticed the
other day that,
when the truck gets warm, the oil pressure drops from 3/4 scale on the guage
to 1/2
at idle. When the truck gets rolling, the pressure goes back up to 3/4. It
never goes
below 1/2 scale reguardless of how long it sits idle. I talked to a Dodge
service guy I
trust, and he says this is normal, though he's never seen it go to 1/2
scale. Has anyone
else seen this behavior?

Again, thanks!