tailgate latch cover; headliner temp. compass wiring

From: Jef Denning (jdenning@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 23:43:26 EST

I've a 99 CC SLT that came with a locking metal cover for the tailgate
latch -- bothers me that installing the cover is scraping paint off the
inside of the tailgate plus it's a bit of a hassle to install, so I tend not
to use it. Of course, not using it has me fussing over rain, etc. getting
inside the tailgate. Does anyone make a handy plastic cover for the latch
hole? Anyone come up with a different fix?

My truck doesn't have the handy overhead temp/compass instrument. DC sells
them for $300+ (aggghhh). Is the truck otherwise prewired for this thing,
particularly the exterior temp sensor? Also, will the readout unit from
other DC products will fit in our DAK headliner/console? (Anyone want to
sell there's?)

Jef

Thanks