TB modifications-I'm gonna do it

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 18:49:10 EST

Ok. I'm gonna do it this weekend. I've been busy this week (found a chick that
likes trucks and stick shifts :), but I'll take the ridges off the top, thin the
blades, and polish everything. I've got some kind of suspension problem
causing a bad shuddering, so I'd better not screw up the tb and then HAVE to get
a V8 one :)

Mike S.
93 Dak V6 5-speed

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> Liability.
>
> One word of caution...if you've never done any porting work...don't try to
> modify the TB by yourself. All it takes is one slip with the grinder/dremel
> to really screw up the bores. If you can, take the TB to a local machine
> shop and have them do the milling/grinding for you.
>
> (I do have experience porting/modifying carbs and heads so please be careful
> with the hand grinders on your TB's...one slip and $100+ later for a new TB)
>
> - Bernd

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary