(no subject)

From: SulichJr@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 19:17:30 EST

I've just connected to this list and already have a couple of questions.  I
just bought a '91 5.2 liter Dodge Dakota 4X4 extended cab truck at a local
dealership.  So far so good.  Transmission cooling lines were leaking badly
(tightened to fix),  and fix some other little problems.  I would like to
replace the "front spoiler" because the one on the truck is cracked off on
one end.  Anyone have a good point of contact for a replacement?  I just
moved to this area and haven't found a salvage yard yet so I haven't tried
that route yet.  Second question.  The upper left hand device driven by the
"fan belt", I would call it a smog pump, is making noise.  What is the real
name for this part and does anyone have any idea what the part would cost to
replace.  Third question..... the maintenance required light is on (truck has
117,000 miles on it), what does this mean and can I fix it myself.  I'm sure
the owners manual would have this info. but the truck didn't come with one.
 Fourth and final question is this.  The speedometer has just started making
noise and jumping.  The odometer seems to be working fine.  I'm assuming that
the speedometer is going out.  Anyone have a good point of contact for a
replacement for that?  I didn't pay that much for this truck and it seems to
run really well, so I'd like to fix these few things and see if the truck
will last me a couple of years.  The body is a little dinged but the paint is
good and no rust.  The engine and trans seem good despite the 117,000 miles.