New list member and some questions.

From: SulichJr@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 23:02:14 EST

I've just connected to this list and already have a couple of questions.=20=
=A0I=20
just bought a '91 5.2 liter Dodge Dakota 4X4 extended cab truck at a local=20
dealership. =A0So far so good. =A0Transmission cooling lines were leaking ba=
dly=20
(tightened to fix), =A0and fix some other little problems. =A0I would like t=
o=20
replace the "front spoiler" because the one on the truck is cracked off on=20
one end. =A0Anyone have a good point of contact for a replacement? =A0I just=
=20
moved to this area and haven't found a salvage yard yet so I haven't tried=20
that route yet. =A0Second question. =A0The upper left hand device driven by=20=
the=20
"fan belt", I would call it a smog pump, is making noise. =A0What is the rea=
l=20
name for this part and does anyone have any idea what the part would cost to=
=20
replace. =A0Third question..... the maintenance required light is on (truck=20=
has=20
117,000 miles on it), what does this mean and can I fix it myself. =A0I'm su=
re=20
the owners manual would have this info. but the truck didn't come with one.=20
=A0Fourth and final question is this. =A0The speedometer has just started ma=
king=20
noise and jumping. =A0The odometer seems to be working fine. =A0I'm assuming=
 that=20
the speedometer is going out. =A0Anyone have a good point of contact for a=20
replacement for that? =A0I didn't pay that much for this truck and it seems=20=
to=20
run really well, so I'd like to fix these few things and see if the truck=20
will last me a couple of years. =A0The body is a little dinged but the paint=
 is=20
good and no rust. =A0The engine and trans seem good despite the 117,000 mile=
s.