Urgent - need buying advice (tranny noise)

From: philh@pigvig.net
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 15:17:17 EST

Hi guys,

Need some quickie advice on a prospective purchase. I'm looking at an '89
Dodge D100 pickup with 3.9V6 and 5-speed. I think this is the same drivetrain
found in the Dak of those years.

Anyhow, the tranny is noisy and I'm not sure if this should disuade me from
buying the truck. In my opinion, a noisy gearbox is not necessarily bad, but
I've heard that these tranny parts are not readily available and the rebuilds
can be expensive.

I know I'm expecting alot, but if anyone could get back with me today or early
tommorow, I would be grateful.

Regards
Phil Hyde
Houston, TX