CD Changer Gremlins

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 18:12:01 EST

I installed a mopar changer in the truck yesterday (P/N 82202700) and the 15-ft
cable (P/N 822300930). I've left the rear seat out of the Quad and the cable's
still plugged in at the head unit. When I connect the changer at the rear, the
dash chimes, my check engine and check gauges lights come on, my odometer
flashes 'No buS' and all the gauges go dead. The changer also makes some funky
noises. When I disconnect the changer the dash chimes and the gauges go back
to normal. I've replaced both the cable and changer today and the same
gremlins persist. My dealer is totally worthless and doesn't know what to do.
One service writer said that he had seen it before in other cars and that the
body computer was dead, but that I'd have to see the elctrician on Monday.
Someone give me some options here, please.

Sent through Cyberbuzz- A Server for the Students
http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/