Re: 87 vs. 89 Octane..What a Difference.ATTN:Roger & Bernd

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 20:08:13 EST

What we used to do was remove the fuel-pump relay and attach a can of BWD
"Fuel Injector Cleaner" to the test port (with a pressure gauge of course to
watch the pressure). Then, you start the engine and run it off of the can.
Once the can is empty, the injectors are clean and it also contains cylinder
cleaning agents as well. The process isn't much different these days. (You
leave the injectors on the vehicle.) The process takes about 5-10 minutes.

To remove carbon deposits from the combustion chamber is as easy as using
water and trickling it down the throat of the TB while running the engine at
about 1500rpm. (Check previous posts for the steps)

Spraying carb/TB cleaner down the bores cleans them a little bit but a good
cleaning requires removing the TB from the vehicle since the spray just
"washes" the bores...it doesn't clean the passages (which are what gets
clogged up anyway).

- Bernd