Re: 87 vs. 89 Octane..What a Difference...

From: Aurelio Lopez (alopez7458@netzero.net)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 10:17:50 EST

My '00 v6 started pinging and rough idle a month after I bought it. I replaced the
t-stat with a 180, replaced the plugs with 3923's, and switched to 89 octane. I
also replaced the stock air intake with an Edelbrock 10" can but use another
manufacturer's taller air filter. That was 6 months ago and I've had no problems
since. The v6 pulls as strong as it ever has, no lost performance - no pinging -
no rough idle. Best part about this is they were all cheap mods I got from tips
right here - The DML. These guys even helped me save money on gas by telling me
about carclub.com. I now save 1016030267125n my gas bill, that's 15 cents on every gallon
of gas at 1.51 a gallon. Thank You DML!!

Aurelio