Re: Re: RE: Re: Xenon "HID" bulbs

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 09:39:25 EST

Yep, they aren't actually brighter, they just emit a different color in the
spectrum. Usually this is a white, and since white is more reflective than
yellow, they give you the *perception* that they are brighter.Stay away
from bulbs that have a film of tint on the globe as they are only using the
tint to filter out every color in the spectrum except the color you want to
see, this means you actually have less light coming from the bulb.
Make sure they can provide you with an SAE Certification # for legallity.

At 05:46 PM 1/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been humbled. Well on my personal case they 'seem' brighter. As to
>seeing their use in the actual fog conditions or anyother cases when the
>spectrum will matter, I will let you know ;). Then again my after-market
>foglights (pilot's) are about as bright as a Griswald Xmas Tree. I am
>appeased, I didn't pay anymore than I paid for replacement bulbs and still
>have my factory bulbs good as new if they should happen to go kaput.
>
>Aaron da GA V6'r
>zanphier@bellsouth.net

Jack Hilton III

www.CyberMopar.com