Re: Retrofit Trip Computer into Vehicle not Originally Equipped?

From: Luke White (lukewhite@emeraldis.com)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 09:21:30 EST

The junkyard route is pretty much the way I was leaning. Basically I'm just
looking for some feedback as to how much of a PITA this might be.

Thanks!

Luke
'00 4.7 5 speed QC

<snip>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:00:17 -0500
From: Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Re: DML: Retrofit Trip Computer into Vehicle not Originally
Equipped?

It is possible, but you need the full harness and ALL the sensors. If
your truck didn't come with it from the factory, you will need to
install every piece of the pie. Best thing to do would be to go to a
junkyard, find a Dak the same as yours (as close as you can get), start
at the overhead computer and follow every wire to its end - then take it
home with you.
<snip>