RE: First 1/4 mile run....Don't laugh!

From: yllwdkta (yllwdkta@insight.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 14:54:27 EST

Hey that's not bad. Here is a tip. Relax :)
I am not the pro by any means but I can tell you my first experience last
summer was at the local NHRA sanctioned track. The night was the "night
under fire" (the place was packed, with all sorts of cars + the jet cars.
The stands were packed, which can hold the crowd for spring nationals).
That was to set the scene.

Now you have to understand, when I get nervous in the truck my left leg
shacks (weird). The first time, I had a guy from work that runs super pro
bike in the car with me to help. The light turned green and I hit the gas
but wait, I am not going any where. My first reaction (on the street is to
shift into second to loose the torque), and I did so. Bad move. When I
started in second I still spun lick crazy again. lets just say that run
sucked.

I'm sure yours could not have been to bad

Well since then I have a set of BFG street legal drag radials, a locker, and
traction bars for traction. I should not have that problem again. Now its
just getting to the end the fastest. My last suggestion is to watch traffic
light (if your first in line) and try to nail them. This will give you
practice. Good luck next time :)

Tim Althoff
http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yllw/dkta.html
99 Solar Yellow RC V-6 Manual