Re: Who has bucket seats in a Gen I or II?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 17:23:22 EST

> If you have put buckets in a gen I or II dak, what did you get them out
of,
> and what did you have to do to make them fit?
> Thanks.

Andy,
I took the stock bench seat out of my 93 Dakota and put in bucket seats from
a 95 Dakota Extend Cab. These are a direct swap, I mean 100% bolt on swap. I
have never done this type of work prior, and it took me a mere 5 minutes,
max, to unbolt and completely remove the bench seat. I would say it took me
another 15 minutes to have both buckets in and bolted down. All the holes
are already drilled from the factory, I just have to 'uncap' them. There are
'speed nuts' already welded to the under side of the cab, so make sure to
get the bolts when you take the seats out of the donor vehicle. I am pretty
sure the speed nuts are metric. In my case, I didnt have the metric threaded
bolts from when I bought the buckets, so I just ground off the speed nuts
with an angle grinder, and used Grade8 1/4" thick bolts(unsure of the
length) and Grade 8 nuts, along with some heavy duty washers, and it bolted
up perfectly. The seats are extremely solid. The seat belts on the rear
driver's and rear passenger's pillars dont have to be touched, atleast they
didnt on my truck. When I bought the buckets, I also got the seat belt
'clips'(the ones which mount to the cab floor) which go with the seats.
Initially I just used these stock ones but when I put in the Tuffy Series II
center console, I swapped them for the floor mounted belt clips with came
with the buckets. It looks great, and is sooooo much more comfortable
compared to the stock bench. Let me know if you have any other questions, I
would be more than happy to help you out. I have pics on the seats and the
Tuffy Series II center console at:
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/dakfriends.html
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6