Re: a better cone air filter

From: Scott Quaranta (mquarantaca@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 18:51:09 EST

Hi Patrick,

Its is a good idea to replace the small filter powerdyne provides, my friend
works for S&B and he gave me a couple of the new cone filters with a front
facing cone inlet. I did notice a difference, but I think it was because I
put a much bigger filter on, I had to kinda squish it to get it in the
fender well. I also fabed up a dual cool air duct to the front grill and
ran 2 3" flexable tubing to the compartment. My buddy did say that unless
you have that new filter facing foward with cool air facing right at it it
wont make much difference, on the flow bench ther was very little difference
between the reg. style and the new style.

Scott Q