RE: radiator upgrade-will V8 bolt up to V6?

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 22:13:58 EST

so does that mean you can hook brotha Dave up w/ a deal??? :-)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-There should not be a problem using a V8 radiator (if there is even any
-difference) because the 3.9 and the 5.2 or 5.9 are physically
-identical except
-for the 2 missing cylinders. the V6 just uses longer radiator
-hoses and a longer
-fan shroud than the V8.
-
-
-> OK, so now that my radiator needs to be replaced (see previous
-thread), I was
-> wondering if there was a heavier-duty radiator that I could bolt
-in place of
-> my stock Gen II V6...say the radiator for a V8? or a heavy duty radiator?
-> if a v8 radiator bolts up, do the hoses still line up? Anyone?
->
-
-Also I would go to a reputable radiator shop instead of a dealer to get a
-radiator. It may be cheaper and they may have a better selection
-of radiators
-than can fit on the truck. I would know, I have worked for a
-radiator shop for
-27 years now!
-
-