Re: Shelby update - intake question

From: loose wheels (1991dak@team.camaroZ28.com)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 14:32:38 EST

Will'
  Congratulations on finding the TBI and intake. Looking at the old intake off of my 318 it should go on even without taking out the distributor. Which is always a good thing. Anyhow, as far as the sensors go the only problem I could think of would probably be to check and make sure the connections are the same. I had a MAP sensor go out on me about 6 months ago and ran into this situation. I had gone up to the local O'reilly Auto parts store to get replacement for the MAP sensor and went to put it on my truck. Well, I had it already screwed in place and come to find out this particular MAP sensor had just the oposite type of connection. Other than that I would probably replace the Coolant Temp sensor on the front of the manifold located under the AC pump(if it has AC) while you have it off. Hope this helps and good luck.

Wes
91' CC 4x4 318

<snip>Ok, I lucked up and found an 89 Dodge Ram with a TBI 318 in it yesterday.<snip>
<snip>My question is, since they are both a 318, will the tb and intake lift off the Ram and fit on the Shelby? Are there any sensors I need to change? I will probably change all the sensors on it anyway just to be safe <snip>

Free E-mail by CamaroZ28.Com - FULL THROTTLE INTERNET