Re: Rear Clunk?

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 12:47:49 EST

Rich and others

When you find out what it is, could you let me know. I get the same thing
out of my Gen III since I had the Hotckis kit put in. Mine seems to be a
double clunk. One when the suspension loads then a slightly softer one when
it unloads. It ain't my exhaust because that's been reworked since, and no
change in the noise. I think it only happens on right turns because they
tend to be sharper than left turns. I can't see and rubbing on the
underside of the truck.

(T-town, is that trexlertown?)

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm

> When I make a right turn up a driveway incline I sometimes hear a loud
CLUNK