TB Modification, Need help

From: WOT or waiting at a Red (dakatack@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 18:07:35 EST

I'm having some dificulty getting the shaft on the 65mm TB from my 4.7L dak
out. There is a snap ring with two little holes in it at the bottom of the
cylynder that TB position sensor bolts to. I purchased a new snap ring
removal tool form Sears and found all the little post that came with it are
too short. I fabed some from nails but they were too soft and bent. Then I
made a set from tungsten but one of them just snapped when I spread to tool.
How the heck do ya get this thing out of there? I would appriciate any help
with this.

FYI the new 68mm TB made a noticable difference. If I'm successful making
the mods to the 65mm TB I do the same to the 68mm.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Patrick O'Day
2000 4.7L 4x4 Dak
Ztube, 68mmTB.