New MAP Sensor/Soldering Bettery Terminals

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 20:27:56 EST

I decided to pick up a new MAP sensor today. Bought it from Autozone, was
$55 plus tax. Now I have all new sensors on the QuickD TB. Just reset the
puter, gonna go hit the highway for a little drive.
I definately need to get around to replacing the battery cable clamps, as
they are in bad condition from taking them on and off so much over the
years.

On a side note:
I found the best way to solder ring terminals also onto the thick battery
cables: Spirig SpirFlame soldering machine. A friend of mine is a sales rep
for these $7000+ units, and owns one to use as a demo when he sells them to
companies. He tells me we will be able to heat the cables up so fast and
solder the wire to the terminals, that the insulation wont even be
affected....even at 3300+ degrees. If you want to, read about this amazing
unit at http://www.spirig.com/
So hopefully I will be able to get these ring terminals soldered on, get a
new battery, and swap in a new alternator within 2 weeks. Take care all.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6