Re: Shifting Problem or Just me?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 21:06:58 EST

What position did you have the shifter in? If you pull the shifter down into
1, it probably won't shift by itself(it's not supposed to, but if you hit
the rev limiter it might),you have to bump it up into second(2) when you
want it to shift out of first.If the shifter was in D, then something is
wrong with your tranny-pressure governor,valve body,plugged filter(very
highly unlikely on an '01),or like somebody else mentioned, your throttle
valve cable may need adjustment.Did you happen to move it when you put on
your intake system? The throttle valve cable seems like the most likely
possibility at this point and that is where I would start.Before I started
messing with stuff, I would let the dealer have a look.After all, it is
under warranty.If you start messing with stuff, and make it worse or break
something, they may not warranty it when you can't fix it.Hope this helps,
if you have any more specific questions,or need more info,please let me
know! TTYL,
Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html