RE: 4.7L Performance Help

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 17:46:00 EST

Yes! Jay is right. The 4.7 works great with the chip on. The price for
the chip is cheap if you go with Chris Lambert (Y2K). The net gain should
be around 9-18HP (stg 1 & stg II). Never had the opportunity to test it on
the dyno to compare with the magazine.

Ensure you get the plugs change and the thermostat first, exhaust would help
for more air.

I was hoping someone would try it with the HO version by Mike Leach to see
if they would increase the power.
Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA