Back on DML!! - Update On Save Chrysler + more (long)

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 01:58:43 EST

Hi everyone!! Geez I missed reading the DML!! I got alot of catch up
reading to do now.

I'm back after taking care of some things. Work on the Save Chrysler
site will resume. Also - I have been doing my "homework". Som of you
may recall I posted an excerpt froma book called "Taken For A Ride - How
Diamler Drove Off With Chrysler". I have since purchased the book and I
am almost halfway through reading it. If the accounts and recollections
are accurate - or even CLOSE to accurate - as depicted in that book....
then the situation we have today was the result of a series of blunders,
bad calls, and transactions. Everyone from Kerkorian, to Iaccoca, to
Bob Eaton and Bob Lutz and Schrempp.... are all at fault. I also do
not think that Kerk should be in a position to take over Chrysler. It
was his attempted take over - a hand full of years ago - that appears to
have started everthing.

Steve's Tuesday message about more cuts in jobs and production at
Chrysler, is not suprising. It is a tactic that Schrempp employed when
he took over Diamler CEO position, and has used on numerous occations.
He is a firm believer is trimming things down to the bare essicentals.
Anyway - I have to finish readind the book. ( I highly recommend the
book to anyone interested in the Diamler-Chrysler situation. I picked
it up at a Crown Books for a reasonable price.

I will be letting everyone on the DML know of some good news I have to
share. Soon - not now - but soon. Everyone will just have to wait for a
while heheheheh. By next week I should be able to pull the curtain back
on he mystery!! Untill then!

--

"Its no joke Tuco, its a rope..."

Tom http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine Site Updated - on 12/7/00 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2