Re: Racing stripes

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 01:27:58 EST

Jake, if it was mine, here's how I'd figure out how to place the stripes:
Find an indy ram or ss/t(either in person or just contact an owner via
e-mail-check out http://www.indyram.org) and find out 3 things from the
truck or owner.#1-how wide the stripes are,#2-how far apart they are
placed,#3-how far they are from the edge of the hood and/or fender. Then,
find a ram product info book or just look it up at http://www.4adodge.com
and get the specs on the width of a ram pickup.When you find that, look at
the dakota's width and figure out what percentage of the width of the ram
the dakota measurement is.Then, using that figure,adjust all the info you
got from the truck.Meaning: if the Dakota is 75% as wide as a
ram(theoretical,I didn't actually figure it up),then make the stripes 75% of
the width they are on the ram,make them 75% as far apart as they are on the
rams,and make them 75% of the measurement from the outside edge of the
fender and /or hood.This should give you a pretty good plan of attack on how
to place some stripes on your Dakota.You may want to adjust it to your
personal tastes, but I just thought I would give you an idea.If you need any
additional help, or need me to do some figuring, I will be more than happy
to do so.Just let me know what you need.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html