Re: Re: RE: Dak is Grounded

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 09:29:17 EST

In a message dated 1/26/01 9:01:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

> But I dont have any cooling problems, as a failing water pump would cause
> right? Also, I dont have A/C so no need to worry about that. The serp belt
> is 1,000 miles old and is tight, not slipping. I just changed the oil two
> days ago and it looked great also. Any other thoughts?
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Check your PS pump. I had a leak in a line and like an idiot I drained all
the fluid out and drove without anything in it, hoping to make it to the
weekend so I could change the hose. My assumption of sealed bearings in the
pump was incorrect, and I malled the shit out of them. They were making
godaweful noises like grinding metal and although the idle would not change,
it's conceivable that a bearing locking up intermittently could cause these
problems. If not that check the water pump and the alternator. The water pump
could be failing yet still pumping water through the system. Hell, even check
the fan. If the fan were to catch on something (I have no idea what) the
clutch inside could give sufficient resistance to do the things you describe.

Good luck with it.

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8