RE: Re: RE: Dak is Grounded

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 12:30:36 EST

Hi Kyle,
The water pump on my caravan made such a God-awful noise when it was going
out I thought the engine was going to blow up, yet no cooling problems. As
a matter of fact I drove it like that for a couple weeks once I found out
where it was coming from. Finally it gave and coolant went all over the
place. Had to have it towed to the shop. That's what I got for waiting.
That was several years ago but I remember it well.

Another thing when you put on your serpentine belt, or any belt for that
matter, too tight is as bad as too loose. The first ruins the bearings in
your accessories and the second doesn't turn them enough to let them run
correctly not to mention belt slippage.

HTH,
Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD