RE: 97 Dakota problems again - kinda long, but we are shooti ng in the Dark now - WILL

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 13:09:08 EST

Will

I had similar problem with my wife's '96 Caravan. But I didn't do all
those changes. I just replaced the battery and reset the computer. The
battery had one cell marginal, otherwise the battery was still good. I
figured just change the battery. I went through two factory batteries
(first was under warranty) and after the second one went, I put in a good
one. No problems since.
Also, if the injectors get dirty, the computer tries to adjust the fuel
mixture and could have a similar effect (dies out on idle).
Hope this helps.

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 CC, 5.2, Auto