RE: RE: 98 44RE shift kit install help PLEASE!!!!

From: aaron (aaro@enteract.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 13:27:49 EST

they say that it should be in neutral (then again all trans work starts with
shift trans to neutral), the book is vauge on removing these but the E-clips
hold the shift rod and throttle cable to the levers once they are out of the
way you can see what your doing thier is a e-clip and washer on top of the
shaft pop it off and yer done

Aaron,
Nope, it's still in park. I can't see how to remove the levers from the
shaft. They look like they are peened on to it. I found one site that says
to remove an E clip. I can't find any E clips, or any other kind of clip.

Yes please. I have a feeling there is something easy that I'm missing and
the FSM pages should do a good job describing how to get that sucker out.
I'm done playing in tranny fluid for tonight anyway. My goal was to get the
VB out of the truck then call it quits anyway. I know I'm close, but alas,
it's still in there. I'm going to order a FSM on Monday. I've been putting
it off since I bought the truck in 97. I feel like an ass for waiting this
long now.