RE: RE: 97 Dakota problems again - kinda long

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 13:46:57 EST

First, I wouldn't go back to your mysterious dealer who should be in the
fiction writing business not a car dealer. Second, try a quick fix. Run
your gas down to ¼ tank, put in a bottle of Chevron Pro-Gard Fuel Injector
Cleaner, add 12 gallons of gas and drive it back down to a ¼ tank before
refilling and see if that does anything for you. 600-650 rpm is the correct
idle. Your fan clutch is ambient temperature activated. When you shut off
your truck the ambient temperature under the hood rises, sometimes setting
the switch to engage the fan so the next time you start the truck the fan
engages until the PCM receives a signal from the ambient temp sensor to
disengage the fan. The electric fan cycles on and off based on the AC unit.

Good luck,
Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD