Re: RE: 97 Dakota problems again - kinda long

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 14:10:49 EST

For a 5-speed, yes. 600-650rpm is about normal.

On the stock clutch fan, that's normal as well. It will spin even if cold but
the viscous fluid inside will let the clutch(s) slip. (The fan still turns
though...just not engaged.) When the engine heats up, the viscous fluid
engages the clutch(s) and the fan spins faster.

- Bernd