DML:Service Done

From: AlexReed (alexreed@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 14:10:01 EST

Ok gang, here is what the dealer did:

1. I said there is a loud poping sound when making a right turn onto an
incline. Also there are various sqeaks coming from body. They blamed the
noise's on the the exhaust, the trailor hitch ball, bed cover and my
body bolts, but I dont see that noted on the sheet.

2. Idle drops to around 350 or so when at a red light, it gets very
rough and seems like it wants die out. They verified rpm drop- ran
diagnostics- cleaned throttle body and repalced IAC motor- contacted
STAR- coming down with new flash in a month or two. A flash!! Ahhh
should I be scared. The advisor states that it will not have any
negative affects and can only help. I dont know, what do you guys think?

3. Clutch pedal sqeaks and seems to grab some. They replaced clutch
master cylinder and bled lines- test drove. The drive home was great, no
more loud sqeaks and the pedal feel is alot better.

4. Accel pedal sqeaks. They tightened up the conections and lubed.

All in all, not a bad visit. Though I did drop it off tuesday at 9:00am
and just got it back on Sat. 1:30 pm. They said it was just ready at
7:00 pm last night. So they had it for three days or so. Not too bad.
What annoys me is that they would not give me a rental, the advisor said
that since the merger that the new policy is that the vehicle must be in
for atleast twenty four hours. But does that not take away some of the
ease? I mean, should you not be able to give them your problem list, get
your rental and pick up the truck in a couple of days when they are
done? Come on, isnt the rental the reason for getting the better
warranty plan anyway?

Well thats what they did, any comments.

AR