Re: Re: My headlights are too dim

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 20:17:51 EST

Kyle,
        Yes, I've got the lower driving lights, and they help a little. I run
them anytime my headlights are on, as they fill in the areas low & close
to the truck, and a little to the sides, where the headlights seem to
have a big blind spot.

        Upon further review, I found that my headlights had a serious crust of
road salt on them. Went to a touchless automatic carwash, very little
help. I just went out and hit them with Windex and a rag. Since it's
snowing, I can't take it out for a spin to really get a good feel for
any improvement. I'll check tomorrow and clean the foglamps as well.

        Light bulbs are cheap, so if I can find a warm weekend soon, I'll see
about taking them up a notch.

        It's tax season, and I was planning on spending my refund (assuming I
get one) on my truck. Most likely a Manik guard up front. It has
mounting holes for lamps, so I'm thinking I'll get a nice set of big,
round lamps to drop on there, and maybe get some yellow bulbs to put in
the stock lower lamps for bad weather. Exactly what I'll put on remains
to be seen; Once I've been through TurboTax and figured out what I'm
getting I'll be looking at things more closely.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness -------------------------------------------------------------