98 44RE shift kit progress

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 23:59:53 EST

Thank you to everyone who had suggestions on how to remove the levers on the
manual shift shaft. Either Aaron or Tony suggested putting the tranny in Low
and that was when I saw what I needed too. There is another bolt that holds
the top lever on the shaft. Once I had that loose, I started to lower the
VB, then I saw the E clip everyone was talking about. I hope that sucker
goes back on as easy as it came off. A flick of the wrist with a screw
driver and that clip came off real easy. I need to go grind down the length
of the valve stem, then I'm ready to bolt this sucker back together. The
mods to the VB were very easy and took less than an hour even though I
triple checked everything.

More later.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson
cat back, MSD 6A with Blaster SS coil, Superior Technologies shift kit in
progress.