Re: Spanks and Ripoff artists

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 07:39:06 EST

George T. Geissinger,
    I will agree with you up to a point. A man has to make a living but this
is an example of a TRUE rip off. This type of thing gives every shop real bad
reputation. Let's be really fair about this particular incident. So, let's
say $10 for a pair of wiper blades that retail for $6 (66%) markup. For which
they didn't pay retail, you can bet. Maybe $3.25/pr. their cost.
    Now this is where it really gets rough. $40 to install. 5 minutes tops
for an untrained idiot to figure out how to put them on. (It was probably a
minimun wage helper that replaced them anyway)
     OK, OK, So there is a minimum of 1/4 hour charge for any labor.
($160/HR.) BUT at 5 min. per set, that equates to $4800/HR.
    Damn, I'm in the wrong business. I'll just give the blades away and
charge labor only. I'll do everything from Rolls-Royce to Ricers.
Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, 5spd. 3.55 LSD
K-N + Cool-Air, Quick-D TB, 10w-30 MOBIL 1, 180 T'STAT, SilBlades
GIBSON 3" Single Side-Swept cat-back, G-TECH, <A
HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>