Gas mileage to crap?

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 12:16:23 EST

Well, I got a 2k 4.7l w/ auto, and am only getting about 9.5MPG. I will
admit, the computer, when I had to drive to have it relearn, I did drive
very heavy footed, and I do drive lead footed sometimes. Most of my driving
is just short trips, 5-6 miles. What's up here. I am a little lead footed,
but that much. It has been around 50 degrees here lately too. Any ideas?
Should I run fuel injector cleaner, or fuel system cleaner? What's the
difference? I usually prefer the STP stuff.

william