Gas mileage to crap?

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 20:26:39 EST

I think my next mod would be a lighter right foot, well at least for the
mileage problem. I know I have a 5-sp but I can get an easy 18 mpg
combined and 15.5ish city racing only.... look into this... try new plugs,
the factory ones suck big time... I am running the bosch +4's without regret...

Chris

>Well, I got a 2k 4.7l w/ auto, and am only getting about 9.5MPG. I will
>admit, the computer, when I had to drive to have it relearn, I did drive
>very heavy footed, and I do drive lead footed sometimes. Most of my driving
>is just short trips, 5-6 miles. What's up here. I am a little lead footed,
>but that much. It has been around 50 degrees here lately too. Any ideas?
>Should I run fuel injector cleaner, or fuel system cleaner? What's the
>difference? I usually prefer the STP stuff.
>
>william

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm
In Action: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com/scca.htm