Re: Bucking/Loss of Power

From: WPG (wpgottes@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 15:14:30 EST

Kyle;

How many miles are on the motor? This sounds like how my problems with my V6
started. Were you accelerating slightly? Maybe pulling a small grade? Pull
your dist. cap and see how much play there is in the rotor rotationally.
There should not be much. Anyhow this is how my problems started. Eventually
it degraded to where I could make the problem occur. Stumped many mechanics.
Finally found that the distributor drive gear had worn severely. There is a
service bulletin concerning the dist. drive gear if you check out nhtsa.com.

Good luck.

Paul