RE: How To Check Timing

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 17:31:14 EST

tell your gf's brother to hook it up to a scan tool, it'll shoot the timing
right out at ya ;) well, maybe ask rather than tell :)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-Ok fellas, from what I have read about our Dakotas, timing is computer
-controlled, right?? But I still should be able to use a timing
-light/gun and
-check it, shouldnt it? Will any ole timing light work on my truck, or do I
-need a 'special' B3000 YK2 super duper modular timing light, joking of
-course. I have access to alot of tools($20K worth of Craftsman and Snap On
-tools, girlfriends brother), so if I need a better one than what I
-own, that
-wont be a problem. Also, what is the best or preferred way to check the
-timing on our trucks. I am just thinking maybe with timing chain
-stretch and
-possibly a worn distributor drive gear and bushing, that maybe the
-timing is
-so out of wack that the computer can no longer compensate and
-adjust what is
-needed. Thanks.
-Kyle
-93 Dakota 4x4 V6