Re: Re: Re: Bucking/Loss of Power

From: WPG (wpgottes@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 17:40:39 EST

Kyle;

The distributor drive gear isn't actually attached to the dist on your
motor. As has been stated in another response there is a bushing the gear
rides in. It had to be replaced also. What I suspect is once the bushing
wore some it allowed the gear to move around and wore the teeth on it. In
its early stages you may not notice it but remove your dist cap and turn the
rotor til it stops one direction. Now turn it the other direction. I don't
remember what the spec. is on this but it isn't very much. Maybe somebody
can help me out on this. Check your rotor and cap over closely too. The
extra slop was causing damage to mine which might help you diagnose the
problem. I'll look around on the nhtsa page and see if I can find the
bulletin.

Hope this helps.

Paul

By the way the special tool you need is C-3052 in the FSM and If I remember
right it cost the shop a couple hundred bucks when they did mine...