Re: How To Check Timing

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 17:39:22 EST

Any timing light that picks up its signal from a spark plug wire should work.
You will not be able to do anything to adjust the timing though, and the
distributor and timing chain has nothing to do with it. there is a crank
position sensor that gets is signal from the flywheel/flex plate (which ever you
have) and is located at the rear of the engine where the bell housing bolts on.
(magnum engines only)