Re: RE: How To Check Timing-Other type of Dist. cap?

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 21:02:32 EST

Does the no points distributor cap(I don't know what
it is called)eliminate the need to adjust timing. Are
there any other benefits - I'm thinking about it
instead of worrying about, points, timing, tune ups.
Thanks
--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net> wrote:

> I can check mine but you need to know where it's
> supposed to be at idle.
> (Mine is 11-12 degrees BTDC). I just set my Snap-On
> timing light to +12
> degrees and it's right on the money.
>
> - Bernd

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia