RE: RE: How To Check Timing-Other type of Dist. cap?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 21:48:43 EST

No points on Chryslers for a LONG time. (Still got them in my '69 Javelin
though.) ;)

It's a magnetic pickup in the distributor but that's not what controls the
timing anymore (It controls the Fuel Injector Timing). The timing is
controlled by a crank-position sensor (mounted on the bellhousing) and the
flywheel (via notches).

No need to adjust timing anyway...it's controlled by the PCM.

All you have to do at tune-up time is Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Airfilter, and a
throttle body cleaning (optional). (Ok...and sparkplug wires if you want
to...and only if they're bad or still the original, factory set.) ;)

- Bernd