Re: Re: Re: Re: Bucking/Loss of Power

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 22:55:21 EST

> Service Bulletin Number: 180893
> Bulletin Sequence Number: 042
> Date of Bulletin: 9306
> NHTSA Item Number: SB033478
> Make: DODGE TRUCK
> Model: DAKOTA
> Year: 1993
> Component: ENGINE:OTHER PARTS

Wouldnt a failing oil pump drive gear show up on the truck's oil pressure
gauge? It has always been at the same marker on the dash and doesnt even
fluctuate when this loss of power, bucking, or noises occur. Paul, did your
truck make any extremely odd noises when your truck had the problem? Thanks
again, I think(with your help and everyone on the DMLs help), I am getting
closer to figuring out what the problem is. Lately also, last two days or
so, my truck has been idling at 1000rpms(rough at that), something it NEVER
does. It always idles at 600-700 rpms. The scanner will be in on Tuesday.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6