RE: RE: RE: shift kits

From: aaron (aaro@enteract.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 17:56:23 EST

The accumulator stores an amount of pressurized fluid. The spring helps to
controls 1-2 shift pressure. You can get a trans to shift hard by removing
all the valve body springs but removing all the springs will cause shift
bind, this feels like a "good hard shift" and may chirp the tires, but
significantly reduces transmission service life. I am not a transmission
engineer but have had in-depth talks about shift programming with one. There
is nothing wrong with a fast hard shift as long as it is done right and this
requires precise timing to get one gear to release as another is applied. If
anyone can add to this please do.

Aaron