Re: uhh oh... truck runnin crapy

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 10:35:54 EST

Tim,

Pull the Crank position sensor out of the bellhousing and check the tip. Mine
did something like that several weeks ago (notice that the timing fluctuating
too much) and found a small crack on the tip along with A LOT of metal
particles all over the tip. I replaced mine...about $50.

Code: 11
(1) Intermittent loss of either camshaft or crankshaft position sensor
(2) No crank reference signal detected during engine cranking (We can rule this
one out)
(3) Crankshaft position sensor target windows have too much vibration.

- Bernd