Re: RE: No Crank in Cold

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 14:12:22 EST

Definitely clean your battery terminals. I had to replace my battery in
September, and this November, all of a sudden my truck would infrequently die on
me. It finally happened once while I was at home (thank god) so I tested the
charge of the battery. Read just as it should, so I went ahead and cleaned the
posts really well and the terminals. The terminals were in really bad shape,
gauged, scratched, and just beaten after 190K of time they'd been put through,
so I went to Chase Pitkens hardware, found a new pair of pretty good quality
terminals for $0.99 (really) and put them on the next night. Even in 0 degee
weather, my truck starts just fine now.

Good Luck,
Mike S.
93 v6

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> Check your battery terminals...clean them if possible and see if this
> happens again.
>
> - Bernd

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com