Re: 60,000 mile service and more(kind of long)

From: Peter Poon Jr (ptare99@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 14:12:15 EST

Took this past Monday off and took the Dakota down to
the same dealer I bought it from. Had them confirm
that I needed a new cat. converter and order one.
Also had them do the 60K mile major service on it.
They said they would clean not replace my K/N cone
filter on the Quick D intake! Hey cool.... Anyway,
they found a leaky thermostat and replaced it with the
standard 195. I asked about installing a 180 but they
said they couldn't do it. Claimed the truck runs too
cold and computer thinks truck isn't getting proper
temperature, etc. Also had a recall on the rear brake
lines. Apparently the brake lines on the 97's were
mounted in such a way that they rub against each other
so they need to be rerouted. That recall was done
too.

So I am rattling away as I drive down the street
still.
I want to look into getting a high flow but doubt very
much the dealer will install it. They even admitted
that the factory catalytic converter was probably a
bad design. This last one lasted for a little over a
year and a half. Hmm.... Peter

a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/